We hope everyone had a nice, long holiday weekend. We’ve been waiting over three months to give our children an opportunity and we’re excited to say it’s time to “Play Ball”!
Practices will begin today, July 6, at both East Side Rec and Gavin Park and the first games will be played this Saturday, July 11. All teams will play an 11-12 game schedule with one weekday and one Saturday game. All TBall and Rookie division games will be played at Gavin Park, while Minors and Majors will utilize both facilities. Practices will be limited due to field availability and the condensed game schedule.
Most importantly, we want to provide all families with our safety guidelines for the season. We have worked very closely with the City of Saratoga Springs, the School District, and Gavin Park to provide a safe environment for our children to have fun. We have attached both the NYS guidelines for recreation and SWYB guidelines. Some highlights include the following:
- Two spectators per player
- Staggered start times
- Six foot social distancing with appropriate signage throughout the parks
- No concessions (with the exception of a food truck outside the gate at ESR)
- Limited dugout use
- No chewing gum, sunflower seeds, spitting
- No sharing of equipment (with the exception of catchers gear which will be sanitized)
- Frequent hand sanitation
- No group celebrations, handshakes, fist bumps, etc.
- Coaches/umpires to wear masks when they cannot appropriately social distance
- Players will NOT be required to wear masks
Please take some time to review these guidelines and share any questions or concerns with the Board.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the field!